Sunday, May 20, 2007

The weekend WHY

So when two people have a fondness for one another, when is it "robbing the cradle?"

I'm sure all of you who read this (probably not even one person) have thought that same question. Partly because you've probably had a crush on a guy or girl 5 or 10 years older than you, or in that rare case, you are that 10-year senior to your crush. If that is the case, and you're 10 years older, please check out Match.com or your local LDS SIngles ward and choose a more appropriate age. Unless the youngest of a couple has crossed the threshold for 30, that kind of thing shouldn't be going on.

Imagine saying to your beloved during a road trip: "This song was my senior class' song. Right when it came out, I graduated," he says. "Really? I was 8 when it came out."

----------------------------------

The above line is the one you shouldn't cross.

...

So tennis was the lead sports story for the Wall Street Journal weekend edition. A waste of space, if you ask me. And not because I don't like tennis. But who is going to want to go out and play tennis after they've just spent the entire day reading the Wall Street Journal? And not out of leisure, but because it takes that long to get through the thing! It's the only mainstream newspaper I can think of that has it's own jargon--it's called rich.

3 comments:

John Gagnon said...

John, you can do better. Please write less mindless dribble and more worthwhile enlightenment. Otherwise, take a hike.

Katie said...

John I think it's great that you commented on your own blog... It brought much joy to my workday.

Thank you for clearing up the line that we shouldn't cross. I was wondering.

I'm sorry you haven't found a job yet. How are the wedding plans coming? Your blog looks like all kinds of fun. Way to keep up your writing skils.

B said...

So is all that robbing the cradle stuff supposed to be some kind of jab at me? Goodness John, I get it. give me a break!